If you’re reading this blog, you obviously know the value of the Internet when it comes to real estate search. Home buyers today enjoy the ability to search the newest real estate listings, participate in online forums, and find valuable city data. At the beginning of the real estate search, a home buyer might spend the bulk of his or her time digging through thousands of web sites, MLS listings, and countless real estate agents. It’s inevitable that information overload will take its toll, leaving the home buyer even more lost than they were at the start of their real estate search.
This is where the need for a trusted, tech-savvy real estate agent comes in. A few notable real estate agents in the Boston area have attained the e-PRO Designation, a certification which recognizes the ability of a REALTOR® to use the Internet and advanced technology to assist home buyers. The certification is endorsed by the National Association of REALTORS® and entails classes and a final exam. Wellesley real estate agent Christine Norcross, Cambridge MA real estate agent Charles Cherney, and Cape Ann real estate agent Rosemary Quarato are three Boston area or Massachusetts real estate agents who have earned the e-PRO Designation.
Here are some benefits to working with an e-PRO (credited to the e-PRO NAR website):
- Online home tours — Check out Cambridge real estate on YouTube!
- Instant access to comprehensive neighborhood data – Look at recent Wellesley real estate and Boston area market reports!
- Extensive property listings – Get instant access to Cape Ann real estate listings!
- Immediate email notification of just-listed homes meeting your criteria
- Referral networks and online forums
- Newsletters on current real estate conditions in your area
- Electronic faxes sent to you by email
- Advanced software, PDAs, and laptops to find you answers on the spot
Whether you’re the type of person who always has the latest gadget, or you’re the type of person who’d rather write a letter than type an email — the benefits to working with an e-PRO designated REALTOR® in today’s technologically charged world are substantial.